Our second quarter Mortgage Magazine for 2023 is now available
- Self care for your mortgage and protection: As daffodils and tulips bloom across gardens around the country, the prospect of new starts – and better weather – can help lift people’s spirits. As part of your spring ‘self-care’ workout, it’s a great time to make sure your finances are on track.
- Are BTL landlords ready for change? With several major legislative reforms due to come into force, 2023 is set to be another eventful year for buy-to-let (BTL) landlords. What do they need to know about?
- Protect the house from flooding: .The Environmen Agency estimates that 5.2 million homes and businesses in England are at risk of flooding. Unfortunately, many homeowners are oblivious to the risks of severe water damage. What protection do you need?
- Sustainable home improvements delayed : Another impact of the UK’s ongoing cost-of-living difficulties has been revealed: homeowners are delaying making improvements to the sustainability of their homes, according to the latest ‘Greener Homes Attitude Tracker’ from NatWest3.
- Equity release rises again: Equity release is continuing to enjoy a spell in the sun, latest figures4 show, as an increasing number of older homeowners choose to borrow against the value of their home.
- What next for ‘Mortgage prisoners’? The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has been reported to estimate more than a quarter of a million homeowners are trapped on mortgage deals because they don’t pass current strict affordability tests or their administrators have become inactive.
- Mortgage approvals keep falling: The number of mortgage approvals fell for the fifth month in a row in January, according to Bank of England figures, to reach the lowest monthly total since May 2020.
- Spring Budget rundown: On 15 March, Jeremy Hunt delivered his “Budget for Growth.” The three-month extension to the household Energy Price Guarantee (EPG), confirmed by the government on 15 March, is expected to help temper inflation over the coming months.
Click on the button below to read or download our Essentially Mortgage Magazine for the second quarter, 2023.
Here to Help – whatever the interest
Mortgage rates have settled somewhat since the uncertainty caused by the mini-Budget back in September.
With Bank Rate predicted to peak in the middle of the year, we’ll continue to monitor developments in the mortgage market and are here to provide help and support, your best interests remain our priority. Wherever your property journey is heading, we’ll help you navigate the market. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions or concerns you may have. We can source the most suitable mortgage for your unique circumstances.