What does 2022 hold in store for the housing market?
Key factors driving the housing market in 2021 were a continuing desire for homes with more indoor and outdoor space, a mismatch in supply and demand, and the temporary cut in Stamp Duty.
The resulting property boom, which according to Zoopla has made it the busiest year for the housing market since 2007, also saw UK house prices rise to record highs, with the average UK property hitting a record high of almost £273,000¹…
In this issue:
- The top beauty spots for those on the move
- Long-term renters on the back foot
- Don’t pay over the odds on your mortgage
- Starting your protection journey in 2022
- Downsize or not to downsize?
- Parental support for first-time buyers peaks
- What value would your EPC rating bring you?
- Is it possible to get a mortgage if you’re retired?
- Pandemic-hit ‘Gen Z’ will most benefit from protection
- Financial decisions for co-habiting couples